Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bangalore it is!

So when last I left you, I was rattling on about Agra. Cool place. Go there.

My individual adventures ended Saturday. On Sunday I scrambled out of bed and readied for my trip to airport. 10:30 a.m. flight, so had to leave the hotel by 9:00. Oops, discovered the plane was now scheduled for 9:50 departure at check-in. I may have been a bit worried about that except that I'm on vacation and in true Indian fashion the flight departure was changed twice more before we actually left. The plane took off about the time it was originally supposed to and at the gate that they announce just before the departure. Really, do all those details really matter? (they seem to at home....)

After I got my bags I found Tom waiting with a smile. After a couple hugs- one wasn't enough- their driver Sharmenon (sp?) pulled up in the car with Tracy and the three kids- dressed in Halloween costumes. We went dirctly to an OWC (overseas women's club) charity Halloween party for the kids. The Power Ranger (Jimmy), Princess (Kay) and Herbie the Love Bug (Billy) looked stunning and had a blast. The best part about the party was being led by Billy to every Jack-o-Lantern in the building. He was enthralled (even though the pumpkins where an odd green color). In true Murphy fashion that was only the first gathering of the evening. We also had an Ex-pat BBQ- pot luck gathering d0wn the road. A fun group hosted this time by a couple from Germany.

Oh Bangalore. I was going to tell you a bit about that. Let me share with you my first two impressions. I love to discover things just before landing so had my eyes peeled as we descended... first: it's Sunday afternoon- every field was full of people playing cricket! Having just had that experience for the first time a couple months back with my work group, I got a big smile from it.

My second impression, and shock before landing.... look at that building. Familiar, somhow. You've got to be kidding me. Target India HQ. Standing out and proud with an oversized bullseye. It's built at the end of the runway!!!!! What are the odds, y'all?

Until then- W:)

No comments: